Old 20-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Tim Tompkins

Default Rose rescue

I don't mean to sound like I support 'shameless commerce', however most of
the public knows little to nothing about roses or any other landscape plant.

Home Depot, your local garden center and other rose sellers are simply
offering what they think will sell. They often are as ignorant as the
public.

It is the responsibility of those who have rose knowledge to help educate
and inform the less fortunate in good practices, varieties that do well in
your area and any other
help that those in need may need to enjoy these wonderful
plants.

Please don't mistake ignorance for deceit. They are just trying to make a
living.

There is a whole world of myth surrounding rose culture, we can help our
friends and neighbors grow healthy and rewarding roses by simply offering
sound advice and help.
It's not magic, just a bit of knowledge and experience.

Tim
"Cass" wrote in message

Home Depot. Weeks roses in 2 gallon pots. Lots of feeder roots. I know
becauses I already repotted mine.

Accept no substitutes. The Despot is also selling generic "Red Rose"
"Yellow Rose" things that are truly scary.