Old 06-09-2006, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Cleaning up strawberry plants

shazzbat wrote:

Astonishingly, I got a strawberry this week, long long after I thought
they'd finished. And I've got several flowers, but don't know if they'll
have long enough to fruit. This is on the runners that I put in pots and
forgot about all through the drought in July.

I've no idea how they survived, let alone fruited, but it came in handy
because the Mrs is in hospital at the moment, so I was able to take her a
freshly picked strawberry from the allotment. She was impressed.

Steve

I have two pink flowered strawberry plants which produce flowers and
strawberries through the summer. Trouble is, the birds get them before
me - the flowers have worked their way through the netting, and I
haven't done anythign about it...

We're not talking major crop, here, but a pleasant little morsel when
taking a break from weeding.

Cat(h)