Old 20-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Pepper growing question

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:12:12 -0500, Pam
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:36:04 -0600,since it's all about me
zxcvbob professed:

snipped
"Dr." wrote:

Do you stake your pepper plants? This year I'll be planting habanero,
jalapeno, serrano, cayenne, pablano, garden salsa, banana, and bell peppers.

I usually put those little cheap sorry tomato cages around my peppers. It
helps prevent broken branches when there's a wind storm or if they have a
heavy fruit load.

Heh, the greatest danger to my plants is from that dreaded
garden marauder _Canis lumbercus_ , more commonly known
as the Large-footed Thunderpuppy.

Great description. We've got two of 'em.

I fence the entire garden with 3' high chickenwire. They
could jump that - they're large-ish dogs - but they never
do. The chickenwire fence keeps rabbits out too.

Pat
--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/