Old 06-09-2006, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Yucca advice please

In message .com,
DavePoole Torquay writes

June Hughes wrote:

Ours doesn't have a trunk like that but the leaves appear grow directly
out of the ground.

That's because you may have Yucca filamentosa, which is essentially
stemless.

Yes, I guessed that after reading your post, although I was told it was
a yucca when we moved here some 21 years ago. It can give you a rather
nasty sting if you touch the ends of the leaves. Other people think it
is lovely. Having tried to kill it off once, only to have it grow again
in abundance, we have given up and just give the babies away to anyone
who asks. (They may live to regret it
--
June Hughes