Old 07-09-2006, 02:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny danny is offline

Default Very high-intensity flourescent lights

I've got 15 of the cheap two-lamp shoplights and I'm going to keep right on
using them. You can't beat the value. When you need more headroom over the
plants or need to cover a larger area with a single fixture, that's when all
of these more expensive options come into play. Wish we had a good spot for
a greenhouse, but we don't.
-danny

"Dusty" wrote in message
. 17.102...
Well danny all i can say now is Holy moly! 54 watts!!!
I missed that one totaly as I searched with T5 lamp only and did not get
anything like that. A search with T5 54watt now shows me what everyone
is talking about. May I add OUCH! also, one replacment lamp costs as
much as I pay for a two lamp 40 watt fixture.

Okay I'm not as bright but I stick with dirt cheap for now.

By he way for those who have space for it Harbor frieght and tools has
their 10' X 12' greenhouse on sale for $599.99 or about the same price
i've seen on some of these fixtures.

Grow well and bloom magnificently
Dusty