Old 07-09-2006, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default CITES plants and hybrids: AOS judging & showing

Stop the presses.

I brought this up at our center's meeting yesterday, and the judges were
split. Half thought a receipt stating 'from Antec' was good enough. Half
thought genuine paperwork from Antec was needed in order to show for AOS.
Our cebter chair is forwarding the issue to Aileen Gerritsen, who has
probably been bombarded with emails on the issue already.
This is being forwarded to Aileen Gerritsen.

K Barrett
"Al" wrote in message
To all you AOS judges and show chairpeople:

You see a Paph Ho Chi Minh in your show or one is sit in front of you at a
regional monthly judging:

Do you require anything to prove the plant/hybrid is legally imported or
comes from legally imported stock? Is a receipt from a vendor sufficient?

I have checked with a friend of mine who works at CITES and he informs me
that when I sell something like a Paph vietnamensis that I only need to
provide a receipt to the customer that shows they bought it from me. He
added that I should keep my paperwork in case they ever have questions
about where I got it. Do you all require something more if such a plant
turns up in a show or judging?

Forever curious,
Al