Old 07-09-2006, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] hicks@bigmailbox.net is offline

Default Cost of re-turfing a lawn

Thanks. I will raise all those points, as the quotation I have contains
very little detail. For that kind of money I would expect a top quality
job, with some sort of guarantee.

I'm not sure I get it - rotovate then add lots of grit then the turf on
top of that? Doesn't sound like a quality job to me. If you want a
job done well you have to have a proper idea of what *you* want doing,
rather than rely on self-called experts.

No it doesn't sound a quality job to me either, hence my shock at the
amount quoted for so little apparent work, or detail in the quotation.
But I'm not a gardening expert, so I don't know for sure what is
required. However I do know that drainage is a problem in the garden,
so that must be addressed.