Old 07-09-2006, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
slugbug slugbug is offline

Default Is $12 a ripoff or a good price for 40# bag of 12-12-12 fertilizer?

The last time I bought ferilizer was about 3 years ago, and I
remember getting a 40# bag for just under $6. I finally ran out this
Spring, and I noticed that my peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, beans,
squash and pumpkins could really use one last application this summer.

I went to our local hardware store, thinking I could find a bag for
$8 or less (which was all I had in my wallet, by the way), and the
cheapest they had was for $12. I decided to pass, and ask if anyone
here has seen a better deal at one of the chain stores.

Of course, I may be completely off base, and perhaps something
happened to really drive the cost of fertilizer up to twice what it
used to be 3 years ago. Is that the case?

I'll be out and about again tomorrow, and am really hoping that
someone here might suggest a better place where I can stock up for the
next few years again.

Thanks!

Dayton, Ohio