Old 08-09-2006, 04:31 AM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_1_] Köi-Lö[_1_] is offline

Default Growing water hyacinth indoors

"Mike C" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have moved a water hyacinth indoors from my pond into a large glass
bowl. I like the way it looks and am wondering what kind of
fertizilizer I should add to the water. I know I need ot makje sure it
gets plenty of light. Can I throw standard Mircale Grow in the water
and at what concentration?

They need full sun and make sure they don't have mites or aphids already
infesting them. I use Miracle Grow or Peter's Fertilizer - about 1/4th tsp.
to a gallon of their water. Most die before spring. They just sort of melt
away. Water lettuce does much better indoors.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.