Old 17-02-2003, 02:15 AM
Ann

Default Crocuses!!

"harrison" expounded:

If we can't see them--they are covered with snow--are crocuses still
blooming underneath all that whiteness? And what about the heaths and
heathers? Eugenia, zone 6, two towns west of Boston

I've never seen 'em bloom under the snow, I've just seen them bloom
while uncovered, and then it snows on top of them, ruining them (they
look like crepe paper). The ones that bloom first in my front yard
evey year have at least two feet of snow on them, I doubt they've even
come up yet. But give 'em a few warm days and.......(I can't wait!!)

I've just come home from Maine (-20°) Friday night, I couldn't believe
it, and were supposed to get a foot tomorrow into tomorrow night?
Good for cross country, but wow, what a lot of snow for this winter

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA