Old 07-09-2006, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default Diseased courgette plants

In message , "David (in
Normandy)" writes
Some disease is attacking my courgette plants.
Rhiannon

It may be some form of mosaic virus? Try Googling for a few pictures. I've
had courgette plants go like that in the past, however production came to a
stand-still. The plants still 'survived' but didn't produce any new

The young leaves seem to be healthy and not distorted, and the older
ones seem to have been eaten alive - my runner beans look like that.
Get a handlens or other powerful magnifier and look very carefully at
the backs of the leaves - are there any very tiny, almost transparent
things moving about? Any cast skins of sap-sucking pests still with
their stylets stuck into the leaf?

If so, keep an eye out for the same thing next year but you'll get
different pests if the weather's different. It's too late to bother
about them this year.

--
Sue ]