Old 08-09-2006, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Liz Liz is offline

Default Potato Crop (Sweet cucumber relish)

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 7/9/06 20:48, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

snip

What about as a soup? No recipes to offer atm but I wonder if that would
work.

I considered that, but we have enough parsnips & peppers for a lovely soup.
The relish is a lot tastier. I imagine cucumber soup might be a little
tasteless without a lot of doctoring. On the subject of excess crops and
soup.....if anyone has excess courgettes, then courgette and apple soup is
gorgeous with a blob of creme fraiche and some homemade brown bread.

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/