Old 08-09-2006, 06:21 AM posted to uk.sci.weather,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Bloody foxes

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message
Renardine was banned relatively recently under big brother EU
legislation and it seems that there is nothing equally effective.

It wasn't all that effective, didn't keep fox out of our garden and it
washed away in the rain anyway.

A high fence is the only 200% security.

50%. They dig under it.

I have decided to plant roses. Maybe the half wild stuff I see growing
on heaths. Anyone know of any long stemmed scented stuff that is very
leggy I can spread like bramble?

Considering the improvement I have made I can live with the digging
until the thorns grow and the land lies better adjusted. It's just that
they convert what was neat to a trash bag overnight.

What annoyed me was that I had bulked up the soil which looked pauce
before and now they are spoiling everything by spreading it into the
grass.

BTW.

Anyone notice the sheer numbers and variety of fungi growing following
this wet? I wonder if this is a regular occurrence following a long dry
spell. Other countries must get the same every year where the climate
is continental?