Old 08-09-2006, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Naubergines

On 8/9/06 09:52, in article , "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

On 7/9/06 12:44, in article
,
"Rhiannon Macfie Miller" wrote:

Cat(h) wrote:
Mike wrote:
"Uncle Marvo" wrote in
message ...

That and ratatouille (which nobody apart from me and probably Ms
Puce can pronounce)

:-)

As a wild guess, how about rat - a - two - lee ??

Very approximately: Ra-ta-too-yeuh

I say 'ratatooee'.

Rhiannon

Not bad. There's more of a touee at the end of it, though, with the
'ou' bit barely audible. Or a 'twee', if you prefer with a touch of
an 'ou'. ;-)

Spot on. You are now an honorary Frenchperson :-)

I start with advantages - born in Jersey and with a French ex sister in law
and French nieces, many French friends, lots of sailing and other trips to
France etc plus having started to learn French when I was 4! I would add 6
months living in Belgium but I can imagine the French reaction to that! ;-)

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk