Old 08-09-2006, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
tenplay tenplay is offline

Default Milorganite organic fertilizer as deer deterent

Val wrote:
Milorganite is dried sewage sludge, plain and simple. It's loaded with heavy
metals and some not so good for you bacteria; I wouldn't have that "crap"
anywhere on my property, let alone in my veggie garden. Google
"Milorganite+heavy metals" and then make up your own mind. Organic doesn't
necessarily mean good for you.........nightshade is organic, all mushrooms
are organic, potato and rhubarb leaves are organic, the pods on a golden
chain tree are organic........make a salad and chow down, after all, it's
ALL organic!!

"tenplay" wrote in message
I read on the Internet that Milorganite organic turf fertilizer has a
distinct odor that seems to deter deer. Has anyone tried it with any
success? Is it only for lawns or can it be used in the garden too? I'll
probably buy a bag to try it out. The deer have been visiting more and
more, and like to chomp on my wife's favorite garden plants.

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know that it is such a sinister
product. You can't trust anything to be what it promises to be anymore.