Old 09-09-2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
scfundogs scfundogs is offline

Default planting hedge

"dave" wrote in message
. uk...
hi
i would be grateful for any advice for planting an already mature hedge.

after a dispute with my neighbour, i am keen to plant a hedge along the
side of my front garden, but i want the privacy as soon as possible, i.e
not have to wait possibly 2 or 3 years for a hedge to grow.

the length of the hedge only needs to be about 2 meters, but i would
ideally like a height of about 1.5 - 2 meters straight away. also as dense
as possible, and evergreen!

would just putting a row of some kind of firs close together work?

this will be alongside a concrete wall about 1m in height if that makes a
difference

i do not have any gardening experience so if you have any ideas please
post!

Check to see if Red Tips (Photinia Fraseri) are available & do well in your
area. They are very fast growers, form dense hedges and are attractive
year-round. I know they're available in England but I think I read that
they grow best in the southern region.

--
Tara