Old 09-09-2006, 12:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sambucadog sambucadog is offline

Default chester blackberries

I have some questions about chester blackberries...I have 2 plants and
2 options as to where to plant them.
1. partial shade, a lot of room to grow. Closer to deer access, and
soil has more clay in it.
2. In the herb garden close to the house, better soil and sun but only
a space about 3 feet wide by 8 feet long next to a fence.

How big does this variety get? Does it spread on the ground or grow
more erect? What type of soil and sun? If I wanted to make an arbor of
sorts, how wide apart should posts be and how tall?
Thanks in advance!