Old 08-09-2006, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dusty Dusty is offline

Default Very high-intensity flourescent lights

Yeah Danny I also use the cheap 40 watt fixtures but I use what is called a
strip light. It's a few bucks more than a shop light but there's no
reflector so I can stack them right next to each other to get a higher
concentration of light. When you have 8 or 10 40 watt tubes side by side on
one shelf it seems really bright. Catts and oncidiums grow and bloom under
my set up but I have to watch the oncidium spikes or they grow into the
lights when i turn my back.

Grow well and bloom magnificently
dusty