Old 08-09-2006, 06:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Overseeding

jaygreg said:

What mix lawn seed do you use for an average
residential preestablished lawn and how much do you pay? I've been buying a
mix from a local grain elivator in Seville that I thought was fair. I'd have
to look up my records for the exact price but I remember at the time doing a
comparison and they won the race.

Purchasing your grass seed by price usually involves receiving seeds from
several species you'd most likely rather not have. Check for "other" on the
label. It may only say "2% other", but that can equal a couple dozen plants
per square foot of a, perhaps unwanted, species in the mix. Just food for
thought. =)

--
Eggs

-Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.