Old 09-09-2006, 03:27 PM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon loosecanon is offline

Default sick looking hibiscus

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
I have a few hibiscus that aren't looking that great, they have some
yellowing on the leaves & a few black spots & generally just look yuk,
what can I do for them?
cheers
Sandra

Prune them to encourage new bushy growth. Personally I like to keep the bush
well trimmed. This encourages new growth and better flowers. I prefer that
to unsitely leggy growth that encourages disease like sooty mould and bugs
like aphids.

Was a poor year for native and decidous hibiscus this year as the weather
didn't suit. There was deformed leaves and flowers and not seeds produced.
Hopefully it will be better this year.

Richard