Old 08-09-2006, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] adder1969@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Cost of re-turfing a lawn

wrote:

No it doesn't sound a quality job to me either, hence my shock at the
amount quoted for so little apparent work, or detail in the quotation.
But I'm not a gardening expert, so I don't know for sure what is
required. However I do know that drainage is a problem in the garden,
so that must be addressed.

Surface drainage or drainage in general? The approach is different
between the two. If you get a boggy mess then there's a real
drainage issue and you probaly need drains of some kind. If its
surface water then it oculd be that yu only need to provide a
relatively small area for the water to drain off too. I guess you
could try a few soakaways or something first, see it it performs
if/when we get some more bad weather.

...or just go for the french drain option with surface drainage too but
pay for labourers rather than for so-called experts. The drains and
aggregates etc aren't expensive.