Old 09-09-2006, 07:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Mare's tail

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 20:16:38 +0100, K wrote:

Brian writes

Mare's tail should be no problem as it's a flowering plant.
However Horse tail is very different.

So what do you mean by Mare's tail? I always thought mare's tail
referred to the Equisetums that are grown ornamentally, which are no
more a flowering plant than are the horsetails. But Fitter uses
marestail for Hippurus vulgaris, which is a flowering plant

I am not very well informed on these. I thought they were the same
thing! This is certainly not a flowering plant, just bright green and
feathery and very invasive.
I think this must be it...
http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/horsetail.htm
I knew it was almost impossible to get rid of but wondered if anyone
had any experience of it and any advice to give.

Pam in Bristol