Old 09-09-2006, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anne Jackson Anne Jackson is offline

Default Oh Bliss!

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:

I heard today that my next-door neighbour is planning
to get rid of his 18' Leylandii hedge... G

The only question now is "WHEN?"!!

If he's having it done by a garden contractor, that's a winter job
(when the pressure of lawn mowing , turf laying, strimming etc is off)

Congratulations...did he volunteer, or was he persuaded?

Oh, I had considered the 'persuasion' route (since we're not covered
by the recent legislation) but he has apparently decided that the upkeep
of said hedge is too time-consuming, since he is only at home from his
job in Azerbyjan (?) for a couple of weeks every few months, or so his
wife told Bill....the smile _still_ hasn't left my face! BG

--
AnneJ