Old 09-09-2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Andrew Ostrander Andrew Ostrander is offline

Default Tomatoe questions

Till your leaves in this fall instead of in spring so that your soil warms
up earlier in the spring?

Andrew

wrote in message
ps.com...
I also live in Chicago area. Had the worst tomatoe plants ever this
year. They were short and very thin. We got tomatoes but not large or
near as many as previous years.
I really can't rotate location of plants. I put most of my mulched
leaves on top of the garden last year and tilled them in this spring.
What should I do to prepare for next springs tomatoe crop?