Old 09-09-2006, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
BFan BFan is offline

Default Anyone use coffee grinds for your garden?

If you use manure from a grazing animal, make sure it is thoroughly
composted!!! I made the mistake one of using some horse maure too green. I
infested the garden with cocoa grass. I took years to get rid of it.

"George.com" wrote in message

"Evelyn McHugh" wrote in message
Steve Peek wrote:
Agree, no weed seeds.
Steve
"Compostman" wrote in message

"James" wrote in message
groups.com...

What's your choice between horse apples, cow pies, and used coffee?

I vote for the coffee grounds.

good all round fertiliser, mulch and soil conditioner. As far as I know
there is no standing period for coffee grounds. Last weekend I fertilised
my
lawns at the start of the spring growing season. I have it sitting on
gardens as a mulch to slowly work its way in to the beds, I have it mixed
with mulch under trees and I have it added in to my compost to enrichen
it.
And its free.

rob