Old 10-09-2006, 07:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
GARY GARY is offline

Default New groundcover

I live in Riverside, California -- mid-way between Los Angeles and Palm
Springs -- where the summer temperatures often exceed 100 degrees.

I have a 30' by 20' garden containing about a dozen roses and other
shrubs. Years ago, I planted gazanias as a groundcover. For the first
few years, the gazanias looked great: luxurient growth with continuous
flowers and full-coverage. But, since then, the gazanias have become
unattactive: sparse, lanky and gangly growth with few flowers.

I'd like to replace the gazanias with a different groundcover that has
attactive foliage, that flowers more-or-less continuously and has
full-coverage.

What are good candidates?