Old 10-09-2006, 10:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj[_1_] ~ janj[_1_] is offline

Default Growing water hyacinth indoors

"Mike C" wrote in message
I have moved a water hyacinth indoors from my pond into a large glass
bowl. I like the way it looks and am wondering what kind of
fertizilizer I should add to the water. I know I need ot makje sure it
gets plenty of light. Can I throw standard Mircale Grow in the water
and at what concentration?

What worked for me, and I read later worked for others, was to have them in
something with soil at the bottom so they're floating with their roots in
contact with the soil. My biggest problem was tiny aphids & mites coming in
with them. So be sure and debug them, consider using a systemic-type
pesticide if not in with fish. ~ jan www.jjspond.us

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium