Old 17-02-2003, 02:27 AM
Ann

Default ******it's******snowing!*******

Dave Fouchey expounded:

Exactly right, I am very grateful for the cold January and February
this year, has provided a fair amount of Ice Cover in the Great Lakes.
This should slow down the warm up this spring and permit the Apple and
Cherry Trees to bloom normally and not suffer a 95% crop failure of
cherries again this year..

Unfortunately we had no snowcover last month when we were so close to
(and below) zero for so long. At least this time we've got a good,
solid cover out there, with more on the way tomorrow. I'll take snow
all winter over ups and downs that heave my gardens to pieces!! )

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA