Old 10-09-2006, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike in Spain Mike in Spain is offline

Default Hedge help!

Simon wrote:
Thanks for the informative resopnse, Mike.

So I should trim an inch or so from every branch? D I do this over the
winter, too?

Thanks again!

Simon

Probably best in early spring so it starts growth from the new
positions, It is possible to prune very ahrd and it still comes back,
very difficult to kill by pruning. I took a 5' wide hedge back to its
original trunk, and it got new shoots direct from the trunk in a couple
of weeks, finished up a nice narrow hedge.