Old 11-09-2006, 01:50 PM
undergroundbob undergroundbob is offline
Registered User

I've had a compost dalek for nearly 3 years and it has never emitted an iota of heat. It all breaks down in the end though, especially after the addition of some lovely worms at the start of this summer.

I turned the compost yesterday and was delighted to notice that it makes a distinctive noise - a crunchy, damp-ish rustling noise, the noise of hundreds of wee beasties doing their stuff. I listened with my head stuck in the bin for about ten minutes, the neighbours must think I'm fully mental. I think this means I've become a vermiphile!

Bob