Old 11-09-2006, 04:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
jj jj is offline

Default Mulberry Tree Fruit

I have a male and female Mulberry trees planted side-by-side in
Phoenix, AZ. They have been beautiful for almost thirty years. Why
doesn't at least one bear fruit? While vacationing in Pennsylvania
this summer, I ate my first Mulberries directly from a tree. I had no
idea what they were, but having eaten myself sick on blackberries as a
child, I couldn't resist. By the way, I found ticks in my hair the
next morning. Hadn't had those since childhood in the South either.
Thanks.