Old 11-09-2006, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea[_4_] Judith Lea[_4_] is offline

Default Naubergines

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Judith Lea
writes

We spent last Friday night in a lovely old hotel on the French border
in Northern France and heard Walloon French, Wow, different to
anything I have heard before - mind you the food and wine were superb
so I didn't have to speak too much!

My dad was fluent in that, in the war. We thought he was joking when he
used to tell us he could speak Walloon, when we were young. Apparently
some sort of dialect?

Janet

It is a dialect but also much more, there are some words that do not
exist in French - I loved the intonation, it was a bit like the Welsh.

--
Judith Lea