Old 11-09-2006, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Naubergines

Cat(h) wrote:
You do enjoy scab picking, don't you ;-)

Well, I wouldn't put it that way! And no, I don't. But I'm honest,
fair, and always always say what I think. It's a fact that I've been
told 3 times that my French was incorrect (would you beleive). I'm
reputed to say what I feel - don't see why I'd change just because I
write instead of speak )

Not strange at all, simply with one's own framework of reference - as
determined by one's own culture, including language.
Mind you, it might explain a thing or two about "A Year in Provence"
;-)

I didn't see it, nor read it. Can't stand people's criticism towards
places they decide to go to live and just try to change everything or
constantly compare with the place they've just left because they didn't
like it. I don't get it. I've been in England for 25 years - there's
nothing I would change. Perhaps the weather where I am, only sometimes
though )