Old 11-09-2006, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar[_1_] Lar[_1_] is offline

Default Mulberry Tree Fruit

In article .com,
says...
I have a male and female Mulberry trees planted side-by-side in
Phoenix, AZ. They have been beautiful for almost thirty years. Why
doesn't at least one bear fruit? While vacationing in Pennsylvania
this summer, I ate my first Mulberries directly from a tree. I had no
idea what they were, but having eaten myself sick on blackberries as a
child, I couldn't resist. By the way, I found ticks in my hair the
next morning. Hadn't had those since childhood in the South either.
Thanks.

Thirty years is about the time when fruitless mulberries were popular to
plant as a fast growing shade tree (twenty-five years ago is about the
time of thinking "Why the hell would anyone plant a fruitless mulberry
tree" came around. Possibly the wrong trees were planted for you/sold
to you.
--
Lar

to email...get rid of the BUGS