Old 11-09-2006, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default just aquired a new allotment

On 11/9/06 16:27, in article , "Judith
Lea" wrote:

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
I was very disappointed a couple of years ago when Express dairies too
off green top milk (unpasteurised) from its delivery. I have organic
milk now from them (mainly to support the milkman) but would love to be
able to go back to untreated milk.

janet

When in France, I have untreated milk, straight from the cow! I give
Louis, my grandson, the same milk, but boil it first. I have to admit,
I prefer unpasteurised milk - it reminds me of childhood tastes and
smells.

We always got our milk straight from the Jersey cow when my children were
little. As there is no brucellosis in Jersey, there was no danger (no TB
either, of course). Is that not the case with herds in France? I just
don't know. Back then, one of us used to go up to the local farmer who kept
a cow or two for us and who rented our fields and we dipped a can into the
cooler. Then we'd pour the milk into a bowl and put it in the fridge to let
the cream rise to the top. I seem to remember that the milk was good for
two to three days before we needed to collect more.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk