Old 12-09-2006, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default Suggestions for plants, please

Janet Tweedy writes

I would like to add things such as Buddleia Alternitfolia which is
really easy to maintain on one stem, just cutting out flowered branches
straight after flowering. I have this year had salvia uliginosa
flowering it's socks off, a plant you could just er, um, plant, and
then forget, also verbena bonariensis, suffering a bit of overkill from
it's popularity but good for screening.

Janet

Thanks, Janet. I have only recently discovered Buddleia alternifolia:
what a lovely alternative to davidii! My one concern in our daughter's
case is that she needs the screen even more in the winter than in the
summer...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin