Old 12-09-2006, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Naubergines

, I, Marvo, say :

La Puce wrote:
Cat(h) wrote:
I bit my tongue at the time, because I think the exchange was daft
and wasteful of bandwidth. But if this is what you are referring
to, then let me put it diplomatically thus: my understanding of
c***e is *not* of a gentle affectionate insult.

o) It depends how you say it. My brother always says 'con' at the
end

of all his sentences. But yes, I am certainly not trying to be
affectionate there. However, the word has nothing to do with female
genitalia - lets make this absolutely clear - contrary to what we
were led to beleive.

With all due respect, from a fellow-native French speaker, La Puce,
yes, it does.

http://www.languefrancaise.net/gloss...il.php?id=9857

btw - any luck with the plant we're trying to identify?

I honestly do not know, but this is the kind of thing I am interested
in reading about here - not childish bickering.

Cat(h)

I hereby offer a crisp five-pound note to the first person who correctly
identifies the lupiny-thing.

There.