Old 12-09-2006, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default microfungus

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:46:09 GMT in BOkNg.3297$xh3.3254@trnddc01 al wrote:

Whenever this term comes up I wait to see if somebody can post something
definative.

My gut feeling is that this started with a botany/biology type
said "It looks like a Myco..., fungus" and didn't pause long enough.
And the end result was not that different from the garbled re-introductions
if I walk up to someone and say "Hi, I'm Pakrat"

Then again
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfungus
and http://www.devonian.ualberta.ca/uamh/
make me suspect that microfungus is just a confusing name for the most common
fungi...

Anyhoo, I'd rate 'microfungus' about as helpful as saying someone is
a placental mammal.
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up