Old 12-09-2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_1_] Köi-Lö[_1_] is offline

Default playing or fighting

"AlecTPR" wrote in message

They all seem a lot more active at this time. I've also noticed the
shubunchkin seems to follow the other fish around a lot. Either this is
in play or fight, I'm not sure. It looks like he's nippling at they're
tails most of the time.

It could be breeding behavior but you usually see that in the springtime; at
least where I live.

Obviously, I'm unsure of the sex of the fish, how can you tell?

I don't know about orfs but male goldfish get small white bumplike growths
on their gillcovers during the breeding season and females do not.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.