Old 12-09-2006, 11:27 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.food
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Potato Varieties

"GOW" wrote in message

We just spent a few weeks on holiday's in the north of Italy and

amoungst
other things foody discovered small cigar shaped potatos that were

quite
delicious so I am trying to locate the same in Australia if

possible.
The tubors were white skinned, around 10 cm long and 4cm thick,

quite
twisted and uneven, and they have white to cream coloured flesh that

is more
dense and solid than any I have eaten before - very nice indeed.

The only ones that I can think of that (sort of) fit that description
because the physical description is right but the colour is not right
(but may be if you are trying to distinguish them from say a red
skinned spud) are Kipflers (I wouldn't call them white skinned -more a
dun colour). Kipfler is a salad potato and is disgusting roasted
(some dozy Chef at a very expensive restaurant I went to clearly
didn't know his bloody spuds and how they should be used).