Old 13-09-2006, 04:37 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.food
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Potato Varieties

"Thistledown" wrote in message
We have some that seem to be like you are talking about. They call

them
Okra - they are a relative of the weed Oxalis (hence the prolofic

growth if
left in ground!) We just scrub them & boil them (with a bit of

mint) and
serve them buttered. They vary in their colour, from cream to beige

&
sometimes purplish.

I think you mean oca (alternative and less used spelling is oka).
Okra is a long thin vegetable that grows above the ground and is
gelatinous when cooked - much used in Cajun and other Southern US
cooking.