Old 13-09-2006, 08:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
Sandra Bodycoat Sandra Bodycoat is offline

Default sick looking hibiscus

They are the tropical ones, some are looking great & had lovely flowers
where some the flowers just drop off before opening.
I would not say we have had a frost problem in Perth this winter, & I think
it is time for me to prune, would that be correct?
cheers
Sandra
"Jen" wrote in message

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
I have a few hibiscus that aren't looking that great, they have some
yellowing on the leaves & a few black spots & generally just look yuk,
what can I do for them?
cheers

Are they the tropical sorts, or native ones? I know the tropical ones get
badly affected by frost. Mine look miserable after each winter. But
early spring, after the frosts have finished, you prune them back, and
they come up great again.

Jen