Old 13-09-2006, 11:08 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.food
ant ant is offline

Default Potato Varieties

Terryc wrote:
Farm1 wrote:

The only ones that I can think of that (sort of) fit that
description because the physical description is right but the
colour is not right (but may be if you are trying to distinguish
them from say a red skinned spud) are Kipflers (I wouldn't call
them white skinned -more a dun colour). Kipfler is a salad potato
and is disgusting roasted

Ditto, We obtained our seed stock years ago from diggers club in
Melbourne. They are the only one of five varieties that have kept on
growing year after year. Warning, sieve soil with fine mesh after
digging because even little 5mm spuds will resprout.

Are they those dark purple ones? I got some of those from the
organic/gourmet spud guy (Josephs) at Fyshwick Markets years ago, didn't eat
them all in time and put the sprouting ones in the ground. decades later
they are flourishing, producing good crops every year. and yes, they are
awful baked, they go sort of weird and sugary.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;