Old 13-09-2006, 02:00 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.food
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Potato Varieties

ant wrote:

Are they those dark purple ones?

that is another one.

We had

pink eye; which has pink around the eyes,
the one in the vege shop (round, light tan) d???
and a couple of others. Might have had the purple one.

I think our problem is that our soil was still crap.
After years of feeding cow/mushroom/chicken compost to the soil, we
finally pulled out a nice big Kipler (15cm x8cm) recently.

So I am tempted to retry some of the unsuccessful ones, especially if
the above ground bin we planted a few weeks ago goes great.

The problem with our soil is the the previous owner had clorinated above
ground pool, which he dumped onto the soil each winter (it saved
cleaning all winter as it was under a gum tree. After years of adding
organis matter, we are finally getting good stuff back.