Old 14-09-2006, 02:38 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Jonno[_1_] Jonno[_1_] is offline

Default snail repellent

John Savage wrote:
On the tv gardening program 'Vasilis Garden' on Ch 31 (a community tv
channel here in Sydney), the host described how to make a snail
repellent spray.

He collected about 15 live snails, crushed them in a saucepan and added a
litre of hot water. This was boiled for 10 minutes, allowed to cool and
the liquid strained into a spray bottle. He then sprayed this liquid over
the foliage of garden seedlings and on the outside of pots, anywhere that
he wanted snails repelled from.

I'm describing this in case someone with a snail problem cares to try it
and can let the rest of us know whether it works. I'm skeptical but open
minded.

One final word: one of her good kitchen saucepans might not be the wisest
choice...

Sounds like how they create biological weapons...