Old 13-09-2006, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Pond Sludge - To clear or not to clear?

, I, Marvo, say :

K wrote:
So if you have a blanket weed problem, green
tench are better. They're smooth and streamlined not knobbly and
spiky. You put them in when small, they disappear for a couple of
years then reappear 9 inches long and very fat, basking at the
surface and making a huge splash when disturbed.

K, how might green tench cope when flow into and out of a pond during
summer months stops and natural oxygenation is poor?

I never stopped the flow. The pump worked all year round, and the patent
bullrush filter did the job, water falling down the rocks aerated it. I wish
I'd taken pictures now, I moved from that house quite a few years back so my
memory is this :

Dim.