Old 13-09-2006, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default just aquired a new allotment

Sacha wrote:
;-) Fetching the milk was fun and the children loved doing it, too. They
used to thank the cows, known forever more as 'mookies'!

I recently found my milk 'bidon' amongst the things my aunt left when
she died this spring. I had mine, when I lived with my grand parents,
aged 3 till 12, because it was smaller and lighter, but also I used to
get spooked when going down the lane in the dark and always dropped it.
This summer my kids went to fetch the milk, using the same lane as I
did - but the 'bidon' is now made of plastic, pink and yellow with a
huge logo on it and a screw top on ...