Old 13-09-2006, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg Chris Hogg is offline

Default Does a hebe benefit from pruning?

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:46:04 +0100, Ellie Bentley
wrote:

Last summer I took cuttings from several different types of hebe that
grow extremely well in my garden and after planting them this spring I
note that they are coming along but they appear to consist of four or
five little branches which look like they are simply going to grow
longer and longer without diversifying. Should I be cutting them to
encourage branching? They're still tiny - about six inches tall.

Ellie.

IME, hebes will branch willingly with no need for pruning to encourage
them.

--
Chris