Old 14-09-2006, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Kelly John Kelly is offline

Default Cost to gravel garden

BoyPete wrote:
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure per sq. mt. to clear plants/lawn,
level, membrane and then gravel the area? Ta.

This is something we considered doing to our front garden. We didn't
actually price it but we did take a walk around the village and had a
look at other people's gardens. The gravelled ones were pretty horrible.
The gravel spilt out onto the pavement and roads. Weeds were growing
through one of them and the gravel seemed to be a cat-litter tray for
one unfortunate house. We grassed over the front in the end and haven't
regretted it.

--
John Kelly

remove dimspam if replying by email