Old 14-09-2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze[_1_] Snooze[_1_] is offline

Default How can I camouflage an unsightly 1.5ft X 1.5ft electricity supply box

"noli" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi

I've just put a deposit on a beautiful new home. The only fault with
it is there is a 1.5ft x 1.5ft stainless steel Electricity Supply box
in the garden.

Has anyone any idea how I can camouflage this?

However you hide the box, consider the cost of replacing the camouflage. You
appear to be in Ireland, but I assume the laws there are similar to in
America. The power company usually owns the box, and have an easement to the
property that allows them to access the box whenever they want.

Before you do anything expensive, call the power company and ask them what
the requirements are. I have a transformer in my front yard, and the power
company has the right to clear anything within a 5 ft radius of the box. It
might be once in 10 years they need access to it, but they always seem to
need to tear out the most expensive plants. Keep that in mind when you
design a screen for it.

Consider hiding it behind a few lava rocks, light cheap, easy to move
around. Perhaps a few inexpensive hedge or shrubs.

-S